Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Menu Monday!


Citrus-Marinated Skirt Steak

I made this steak last night for the family and they LOVED it! Super fast, easy and it uses very little ingredients. I didn't take any pics b/c I didn't think it would be that big of a hit with the family, but we will be making it again soon! I served it with corn and rice.


1/2 cup orange juice (I fresh squeezed 1 large orange)

1/4 cup lime juice ( I fresh squeezed 2 limes)

3 cloves of garlic, chopped (I used the minced garlic I have in a jar in the fridge)

1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cumin

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

1 1/4 lb skirt steak (I used 1.5 lb flank steak instead)


Combine all ingredients in a large ziplock bag or in a glass pan. Turn and coat steak and let marinate at room temperature for at least 15 minutes (Mine sat for closer to 30 minutes). You can do for up to 5 hrs for really strong flavor.

Preheat a gas grill to high. (I dont have a grill so I pan seared it on hi setting on the stovetop.) Remove steak and discard excess marinade. Grill steak 2 minutes on each side for medium rare...just how I like it! Then transfer to cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before you slice it thinly.

Here is the link for the recipe from AllYou June edition so you can print it easily...I love this magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment