Saturday, May 1, 2010

2010 Shrimp Festival and 5K Run!



Maddie and I ran this morning in the 16th Annual Shrimp Festival 5k Run at Fernandina Beach! I have only been training for a week, so I was so proud of myself. I did it in 39:13 and walked for too much of it, but now I have a benchmark to improve upon.


Maddie has never trained and she did it in 35:06.

Evan did the half mile Shrimp Run for the 8 and under. He got 4th place out of the boys, with a time of 3:47!


Me, Maddie and Evan ready to run!




Me waving hi!



We did it!

Then, we headed over to the Shrimp Festival for some food, shopping, and fun! I got a mug for my morning hot tea that has a sea turtle on it and the kids both got an ornament for their tree. Then we pigged out after burning all those calories! We got a grilled shrimp basket, a shrimp pie, a hotdog, a funnel cake, boiled peanuts, a fresh-squeezed lemonade, numerous other drinks, and a flavored shaved ice...I'm BROKE now! But it was so much fun!










No comments:

Post a Comment