Sunday, August 29, 2010

Run, Run, Run!

Wow, its been 6 weeks since my last race post and I have done several since then! I'm still sticking with it...would like to say that I'm making amazing progress, but that would be a lie. I'm making slow but steady progress, with a few hard days. Going on the Bahama's cruise messed me up and then add in the fact that it has rained so much since hurricane season started, it has really hindered having any type of normal running schedule! On a good note, my Nike iPod level just turned green today which is a testiment of the miles I'm gradually accumilating.
Only 5 days until my first 10k event, the Turtle Trot (cant wait to get this shirt)...I've been watching the countdown clock on my blog for so long, cannot believe it is finally almost here. Am I ready to run 6.2 miles? I hope so!

The Lotto Run 5k where we met our new friend Bryan Rohlin.

Helene Neville and I...what an amazing woman! She ran across the nation in less than 90 days!

Me at the Vestcor Bridges run, still my personal best 5k race time at 33:34 and I even went over 2 bridges, crazy!

Leslie, Sarah and I at the Tour de Pain 5k!

I did it! I earned my shirt and the medal...3 races in less than 24 hours!

The gang at the Carrabba's Beaches Summer 5 mile run last night! Thats our new friend, Travis aka Flashy Pants, in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment